Although I have trained many people across a variety of industries, I’m not a trainer by trade.
My business life has been as an entrepreneur with ventures in manufacturing and product export and import. Along the way, I discovered that I was sharing with other entrepreneurs the process of exporting in a way that was easy for them to understand. I turned my ideas into a business and the result was The Riddle of the Exporter™ with Betty Sue as our imaginary client.
So who is Betty Sue, and why is she important?
Meet Betty Sue, Export Queen and small business owner, along with her husband Earnie Earl, from Gun Barrel City, Texas. In Texas everyone has two first names. Live in Texas long enough and we’ll give you one! Betty Sue is known for her Texas-style big hair and sparkle. You will know she is in the room when you hear, “Betty Sue is my name and exporting is my game.”
While Betty Sue is from Gun Barrel City, Texas, she could be from Toad Suck, Arkansas, Bullfrog, Utah, or Egg Harbor, Wisconsin. She represents the best of small town and small business, using her common sense backed by hard work. She’s exported many of her products around the world including her Rattlesnake Olive Oil and Rhinestone Studded Night Vision Goggles. She is certain that exporting can change any small business just like it did hers.
Betty Sue, Export Queen, loves exporting and has been speaking about the joys of exporting to just about anyone who will listen. She does this by sharing The Riddle of the Exporter™, the 8 Step Exporting Process workbook and the e-learning game. ‘Fun’ is her middle name and she creates fun even while sharing serious information. The important thing to remember is that if Betty Sue can export, anyone with common sense and business sense can export.
Betty Sue’s goals are:
- To show people an easy to understand, common sense exporting process
- To give people the confidence to step forward when opportunity arises
- To give interactive, entertaining seminars
- To create a forum for exporting discussion
- To host an export reality TV show
- To get people excited about exporting!
Look for Betty Sue’s blogs, coming soon!
- The elephant in the room: Why are there no exporters at exporting seminars?
- The elephant in the room: Are you an I.I.S. (International Intellectual Snob)?
- The elephant in the room: Why exporters aren't coming to the party!
- The elephant in the room: Will it take another recession to get us exporting?
- The elephant in the room: Newbie Exporters: A Blessing or a Curse?
- The Trade War Question: Advance or Retreat or Hold the Line?
- The Grand Canyon gap between university programs and international jobs!
- Export seminars: Free and bad is not free!
- Why your expansion by exporting isn't as difficult as you might think!
- If you don't know the Ws of the export process, you don't care!
Connect with Betty Sue! Or the entrepreneur behind the name, Elyse Eriksson on LinkedIn